To register for membership for the school year you must first
create an account with us.
Individual membership costs €10 and there is no group membership option available.
Why become a member?
The ATS prides itself on being one of the most active and friendly language associations in the country. It affords you many opportunities for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) that targets both your teaching skills and your language skills. This kind of CPD is essential for your personal career development and is becoming increasingly important when attending job interviews and during subject inspections.
As a member of the ATS you:
- form part of the professional body of teachers of Spanish in Ireland.
- have direct representation on the NCCA languages committees and modern language working groups.
- have direct input into the exam review report drafted annually and sent to the SEC as a response to the State Examinations.
- are surveyed regarding in-service required and have the chance to shape what CPD is provided through these surveys.
- receive regular emails and circulars on events organised by the ATS.
- receive and are entitled to circulate information about job vacancies, substitution and cover during the orals.
- are informed of opportunities for student exchanges or the setting up of class pen-pals.
- are informed of scholarships and grants for you and/or for your students to study in Spain.
- are entitled to enter your students in ATS student events such as Quizzes and the Schools Debating Competition.
- receive preferential rates and early booking of events.
- have an international voice through membership of FIAPE (Federación Internacional de Asociaciones de Profesores de Español).
- Gain access to our Members Only Facebook page where we share resources and other useful information.
We welcome all teachers of Spanish as members of the ATS.