We are pleased to announce that tickets to our AGM Annual Conference and AGM on Saturday 12th October 2019 will be on offer from this weekend. Like last year, we are offering a special deal to the first 100 members who sign up to the event, so the normal price of €30.00 (which includes a hot lunch and tea and coffee during the day and free parking on site) will be reduced to €20.00. So, don’t delay, sign up soon.
Each year we hold a conference and AGM which consists of informationn sessions, innovative presentations and practical workshops which aim to support Spanish teachers by sharing effective methodologies as well as providing an opportunity to network.
Depending on demand, we sometimes offer a teachmeet wherein Spanish teachers can volunteer to share their own tried and tested methodologies and we often hold a fun table quiz for teachers travelling and wishing to arrive the night beforehand and
Previous presentations and workshops include:
- The internationally renown Gianfranco Conti, PhD. Co-author of ‘The Language Teacher toolkit’, winner of the 2015 TES best resource contributor award and founder of www.language-gym.com.
- Ana Sánchez Pérez of Colegio Delibes has given numerous presentations and Talleres de Gramática with an emphasis on practical activities that can be used in the classroom. including :
- Using Literature in the Classroom
- Direct & indirect object pronouns
- “Por/ Para” and ”the Subjunctive” the difficulties these present to students and activities to use in the classroom.
- Charo Hernández of UCD: La evaluación en el aula de ELE.
- Patrick Coffey of the PDST: the new Scoilnet
- Dr. Carmen Herrero from Manchester Metropolitan University/ FILTA delivered a workshop on el uso del cine español en el aula
- Celine Healy: Towards Developing a 3i Continuum in Language Teacher Education.
- Patricia García: Jugar a escribir: escritura creativa como herramienta ELE
- Alvina Byrne Mulloy: Approaching the novel: Sin noticias de Gurb
- Susan Leahy: Debating in the Classroom
- Rosemary Graham: Approaching the Skill of Listening
Previous Information Sessions have been provided by:
- Instituto Cervantes
- The Consejería de Educación
- The Post Primay Languages Initiative (PPLI)
There are CPD certificates available at the end of the day for those who attend all sessions.
We are always looking for suggestions for speakers and/or topics – so please get in touch with your ideas! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.