Our Conference and Teachmeet will take place on Saturday 14th October in the Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley. Registration on the day will be from 9am with the conference starting at 9.30am sharp and finishing at approximately 3.30pm. The Teachmeet will take place after this from 3.45pm to 5.30pm.
There will be a focus on the new Junior Cycle Course with presentations also on assessment at leaving cert and integrating literature into our classes.
We have a super offer for members this year with tickets for the Conference AND Teachmeet costing only €25 !!
This gets you:
- Four speakers (Paul Collins SEC, Sinéad Tuohy JCT, Mary Elaine JCT, Ana Sanchez Perez Colegio Delibes)
- Briefings from key language educational groups
- The opportunity to mingle with our sponsoring companies
- Raffle prizes ranging from luxury hampers to a trip to Spain for 2 people
- Networking with other members
- A hot lunch PLUS tea/coffee before, during and after the conference.
Teachmeet Call Out to all teachers!
If any of you are interested in sharing an idea/resource/website/methodol
ogy in general at our Teachmeet, please let us know! Trust us when we say that you all have great things to share and no matter how simple something may be if it works in your class, we want to hear about it!
If you would like to know more about what a Teachmeet is, have a look at this Prezi on Teachmeets. Some examples of previous presentations are: Pinterest; Pasapalabra; Kahoot; Games for Oral Language Practise; Using students phones to practise for the Oral; Using realia in the classroom; Hacks for the classroom; Promotion of languages in school; DELE exam for TY students; CLIL (Content & Language Integrated Learning); Drama in the classroom (Using the greenscreen); Un video de Miedo.